So, you want to become a homeowner? That’s a fantastic goal. Homeownership is a powerful tool, creating stability for your family and your community (read more about the power of homeownership here). But, how do you get there? What are the steps needed to qualify for a home loan and buy a house? The Neighbor Project Homebuyer Education gets you the knowledge you’ll need to purchase—and keep—your home. We will walk with you through each step of the home buying process, helping you discover how to leverage your income into an asset.
Together we will create a customized “Homeownership Blueprint” that will cover:
- Credit reports and how they affect your home purchasing.
- Budgeting for homeownership.
- The home buying process.
- Different types of mortgages.
- Down payment and closing cost assistance (completing our Homebuyer Education Certificate program may qualify you for grants and/or low-interest loans).
- For families needing help saving for a larger downpayment on a home, we will discuss TNP’s “Networked Savings” program.
Our Steps to Homeownership
- Apply Online
- Create profile and provide all requested documents. If you need help with this step, please contact 630-906-9400 to schedule a time to come in.
- Complete the homebuyer education counseling to receive a certificate, by registering online at Seminar online through eHome America clicking here $99.00 or Framwork CLICK HERE to access the Framework Homebuyer Course, which satisfies the homebuyer education requirements for Fannie Mae HomePath Ready Buyer™ and HomeReady® by Fannie Mae.
- After your Home Buyer Seminar, you will have a one-on-one appointment with HUD Certified Counselor where together you will create your personalized plan to become a home-owner, which depending on your readiness. After your appointment you will then receive a Homebuyer Education Certificate, which maybe required for some downpayment assistance grants or forgivable and/or deferred loans
About Framework Homebuyer Course
Buying a home is a big deal, whether you’re doing it for the first time or getting back into the ever-changing market. When you educate yourself for smart homeownership you’ll navigate the entire process with confidence. TNP is proud to offer the Framework homebuyer course. Framework is the most comprehensive of its kind. It meets HUD guidelines and exceeds National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling. What does that mean for you? Our course is accepted by most local and national mortgage products and first-time homebuyer incentives that require education. We will help ensure that you understand your mortgage. We will explain lending and the basics of the different mortgage products so you make the right choice for financing your home. Additionally, we will help determine if you qualify for grants or low interest loans to help you buy your home. We will educate you about the different types of down payment and closing cost assistance offered by banks, city governments and other down payment assistance sources. The video below made by Framework will be helpful.
CLICK HERE to access the Framework Homebuyer Course, which satisfies the homebuyer education requirements for Fannie Mae HomePath Ready Buyer™ and HomeReady® by Fannie Mae.
Homebuying Education & Foreclosure Prevention
There are 3 services to choose from
I am Ready to Buy a House
The Neighbor Project Homebuyer Education gets you the knowledge you’ll need to purchase—and keep—your home. We will walk with you through each step of the home buying process.
I Want to Refinance and/or Make Home Repairs
Common issues like home maintenance and financial management are covered in this HUD-approved housing counseling and education service among other topics such as local grants and funding that can help with home repairs.
I Need Options to Prevent Foreclosure
Our Foreclosure Prevention Service provide you with resources to prevent losing your home (Like ILHAF Mortgage Assistance) and avoid possible foreclosure.
Our services are open to everyone. There are no requirements to receive counseling. Our counselors will advise what resources are available and the requirements during counseling sessions